Monday, December 20, 2010

5 days!

In 5 days I will be getting on a plane to head to mi patria! I find it funny/telling that I felt an urgent need to pack last night (since I practically NEVER pack prior to the night before my trips). It could be that I'm very anxious to get there, or it could just be that I'm not anticipating a lot of free time this week and don't want to be scrambling at the last minute ;)

Yesterday I went with a group of co-workers to see the Nutcracker, which was a lot of fun. It was a large production with stellar sets and costumes. The orchestra and dancers both were pretty good (enough to make it very enjoyable). It was a good push toward getting some Christmas spirit (hard to do when it's 85 degrees and sunny outside and there's not Christmas carols on the radio!). I came home, wrapped presents while watching Elf, and then got all packed for my trip home this week.

I made it through my week of traveling to prisons around the country and my cold is getting better. Tonight I'm going to do a "yankee swap" gift exchange with some friends, which should be fun. I'm looking forward to 1 week of the cold weather I've been seeing on the news in the states (yeah, just 1 week, then back to the beautiful weather here). I hope you're all having a good Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment