Hi all,
Sorry not to have kept up with my blog the last couple of weeks. I had a wonderful trip home, and have now been back in Caracas for a week. I was blessed to have no problems whatsoever with my travel. No delays, lost luggage, etc., which is unheard of with the airport here in Caracas. In fact, the motor pool driver assigned to pick me up from the airport got there about 10 minutes after I got through customs and everything on my way home.
It was wonderful to spend time with family and loved ones in Illinois. The time was short, but I think we did a good job of making the most of it. Joanna had a couple of bridal showers, we had a family Christmas celebration with everyone at my parents' house, including Wayne and Joanna's fiance, Matt.
I've gotten right back into the swing of things here in Caracas. Lots and lots of people leave the city during their extended holiday vacations, and traffic dies down considerably between mid-December and mid-January. This past Sunday was when you could really feel it pick up again; the streets were crazy with people getting back into town before school started up again on Monday.
Yesterday I purchased a boxing bag from a co-worker who is leaving post, and I was able to get it assembled in my apartment and box for a little while. I haven't been able to since I left Washington, so it was really fun!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!
I always said you were a knockout!
ReplyDeleteXXOOXX