Monday, January 7, 2013
Welcome 2013
Welcome 2013! I'm back at home after a great trip to El Paso from Christmas through New Year's to visit Joanna and Matt and meet Alexis Jean Crossett! It was really nice to see Joanna and Matt, and to meet my precious new niece Alexis. It was also really great to have a break from studying and a change of pace for a few days. I had a blast holding Alexis, changing her diapers, helping bathe her, watching her sleep, waking her up to eat, and going to a doctor appointment with her and Joanna.
I took way too many pictures of her, but I couldn't help myself. Here are a couple of her after her third bath wearing the robe Alex and I bought for her at FAO Schwartz in New York after Thanksgiving. He couldn't believe this was it, since she looks so tiny in it, and it looked pretty tiny itself. She is a precious little girl, and I can't wait to visit again this summer. It was so hard to leave on New Year's!
It was only a 3-day week coming back, but it was long enough for me! I jumped right back into Hindi the day after returning. I also had a doctor appointment to follow up on food intolerances. I'm getting a blood test from ALCAT to determine what foods are producing an immunological response when I eat them. Despite some improvement, I've been continuing to deal with a great deal of fatigue as well as some indigestion and some headaches. In a few days I'll have a list of foods that I have severe, moderate, milde, and no reactions to, and I hope to find some improvement with this.
I've also turned some attention to start planning my home leave trip this summer before leaving for Fiji. It's hard to believe I'm about half-way done with my Hindi course. In late May Alex will come back for a final visit here, and we'll do some fun traveling, hopefully to some places where he'll get some amazing pictures, and also to visit Joanna et. al. and Dad and Tammy. We're currently trying to plan the details of the trip, which is fun and challenging at the same time. We definitely want to hit the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, LA, and we're seeing what else we can do.
Dad and Tammy are at Joanna and Matt's house this week--so hopefully I'll get to see some more pictures and videos of Alexis soon! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment