It's so hard to believe it's October already! For one thing, the weather here seems more like May. Also, it's hard to believe I've already been here for a month and a half. I called Mom and Dad yesterday on Mom's birthday, and it was great to talk to them. Today I finally got to talk to Joanna on skype for the first time since she got engaged 2 weeks ago! It's fun to talk wedding plans and catch up.
I finally got around to posting some pics I've taken over the past few weeks on my picasa web album. I'm posting the link, so feel free to take a look. Today I went up into the Avila with about 9 co-workers, the mountain that separates Caracas from the coast. We hired drivers to drive us up about 30 minutes to where there is a Mexican restaurant and posada. We called in advance and they had the meal just about ready when we got there. There are beautifuls views of the city and of the ocean, plus of farther up the mountain. I got several good pics up there, which I'll post sometime in the future.
It was such a relaxing day today, great to discover a quiet respite not far from the city. I'm slowly discovering more things to do and places to go around the city. I'm really ready to get my car so I can get out and do these things a little more independently. It's great, though, to have a couple of friends staying at the hotel at the same time, so we can get out and eat together in the evenings and explore the area on the weekends.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sarah.cranston/Caracas#
Interesting pictures! Parchita looks a bit daunting, but that cafe marron...yum
ReplyDelete