Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Visas!

Hi everyone, this has certainly been a week of ups and downs. I was so sad to hear that my mom's cancer has progressed much more quickly than anticipated and than we'd hoped. It's hard to be so far away from her right now. At the same time, I know she's in God's hands and that she is surrounded by people who are there to help her in any way they can. I'm so thankful for everyone who's praying for us.

On a positive note, I spent my first day on "the line" today, which means I sat at a window and interviewed people applying for visas. It's very interesting to see the variety of people, and I like having the opportunity to speak Spanish more often. I'm told that after three months I won't be as excited about it all, and that by 6 months I'll become cynnical, but for now I'm happy :) I'm not up to speed in any way shape or form, but it feels good to begin to be a contributor rather than to be unable to do anything helpful at work!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Glad to hear you're doing some honest work! I'm feeling pretty good today after having my chemo last night. Just waiting for things to clear up now. God is good and is our steady rock.

    ReplyDelete