Saturday, July 24, 2010

happy birthday to me :)


Thanks everyone who wished me a happy birthday or somehow participated in making my day special today! I really had a great birthday, starting with opening a bunch of cards from Grandma and Grandpa Finger, Grandma Cranston, Mom & Dad, and Wayne (plus the package that Joanna sent earlier in the week) and a gift from my coworker.

We had a pretty interesting day, including some briefings from different offices that explained our interagency relationships and our role as consular officers. Tonight was the last night of VBS, and afterward several people from church got together at one couple's house, where they presented me with a cake and sang Happy Birthday to me! We played games and had a fun time. It was so sweet of them to go to such effort to do that for me. I really feel blessed by the fast friendships I've been able to make here.

1 comment: