Wednesday, July 14, 2010

la copa mundial



Here are a few pictures from Sunday. (click on the picture and it should take you to a few more on picasa).


I passed my Non-Immigrant Visa exam today (woo hoo!) Now we have American Citizen Services left, which I think will be interesting. I had a chance to take my car in to be looked at yesterday, so I found a place that was recommended online for their integrity and good service. I was feeling like my brakes were not very sensitive and had figured they probably needed the pads replaced. I also wasn't sure about the transmission (the lag time for shifting between gears). After checking it out, the manager told me that the brake pads looked brand new and that they're in really good condition. They also checked the transmission and said it was in great condition. The only thing I ended up getting done was new windshield wipers! I finally concluded that I'm just not used to the feel of an automatic transmission, since all I've driven for the last 6 years was an automatic. I imagine the brakes seem less sensitive to me because it's a larger vehicle than I'm used to driving also.

I'll find out tomorrow whether my "expedited" diplomatic passport has come through or not, and if so, will apply for my visa. Our heat wave has died down a little, but it feels like the humidity has jumped about 30%. I'm not looking forward to the 1/2 mile walk in my suit from main state to the metro, but I'm sure I'll survive :)

2 comments:

  1. Well your heat wave has made its way to Illinois! It's in the mid 90s and very humid! Grandma even wanted to take off her sweater outside at Helia today, so that says something! Glad you passed your Visa test, now on to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! It must've been warm for Grandma to take off her sweater! It's funny--we've had rain all day yesterday and much of today, and I just heard today that we have been declared to be in a state of drought. I guess it's too little too late. Say hi to everyone for me!

    ReplyDelete