

I finished up my first three days of ConGen. I'm still enjoying it pretty much. This first module is about passport and visa adjudication, so we have a ton of case studies. They're all interesting, and a good way to learn, and will be consuming a good deal of my time this weekend :)
I've also been looking into the car exchange. Today I test drove a CR-V, which I liked pretty well. It doesn't feel too big, like vans and other SUVs I've been in, but it is big enough and raised off the ground enough for my purposes. The 4WD and automatic transmission will also come in handy on the mountainous terrain and heavy traffic of Caracas. I also found out that an auto loan from USAA (of which I'm now a member) allows me to take a financed vehicle out of the country before it's paid off, unlike many other lenders. I'll be looking some more this weekend.
Today there was a dedication of a new wing at the Foreign Service Institute, and Sec. of State Clinton came to cut the ribbon and say a few words. A big crowd gathered outside around the door where the ribbon was going to be cut about 30 minutes before she arrived. It was pretty cool to see her up close and personal! I took several pictures on my blackberry.
We love our CR-V, and the AWD is nice because you just drive- it does all the work for you. And depending on which year you get, it comes with a removable picnic table for those mountain roadside coffee breaks :)
ReplyDeleteI think one of the reasons I got such a good deal on mine is that the table is missing! I bet the previous owners liked it so much they decided to keep it. So I'm going to try to find out how much it is to replace :)
ReplyDelete