Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday Sunday...

Today has literally been a day of rest. Yesterday I went rafting with a group of people from church on the Shenandoah (think I spelled that wrong) River. Unfortunately the water was unusually low, and we had to get out and drag our raft several times. We did a 7.5 mile run, and took about 4 hours to do it (including stopping for lunch and an ongoing water fight). Despite the low water, we really enjoyed the recreation and fellowship. It was a fun distraction from work!

I felt pretty sore when I got up this morning. It turns out everyone else from the trip felt the same; we compared notes at church this morning. Also, despite my avid use of sunscreen, I had a few missed spots and the tops of my thighs got a bit red. So I've been taking it easy this afternoon. I do still have to look at some case studies for class tomorrow.

The forecast is looking good for Champaign next weekend! It looks like it'll be cooler there than here in Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment