Tuesday, June 29, 2010

same old, same old

Not a lot of exciting news to report today. I'm continuing my Immigrant Visa training at work, which is more interesting than it sounds. Today we did some role plays about determining whether someone is eligible to petition for a family member to apply for an immigrant visa. There are a lot of computer systems to learn, but in many ways they're not very different from what I used at Carle. I often feel like I understand the bureaucracy and confidentiality rules better than most of my class because of my experience in health care.

I heard from my Career Development Officer today that I should be receiving my travel authorization on Wednesday. That's good news, since it will allow me to begin applying for necessary travel documents. It also means I'll have a lot of work ahead of me, but that's necessary.

We're finally supposed to get some relief from the heat tomorrow! It'll be nice to be able to breath outside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment