Well, I made it through the first five weeks! On the first day, it seemed like it would never end; now it seems like it's been a short while. Either way, it has been a valuable training time and I'm glad it's over :) We had a short ceremony this afternoon at Main State (that's the official building, not the training center where we are most of the time). One of the Deputy Secretaries of State gave a short address and administered the swearing in. We stood, raised our right hands, and repeated the oath after him en masse. It was a nice ceremony. We had a group picture afterwords, then we were done for the day (around 3:45)!
I've been enjoying resting this evening and forcing myself not to work on anything related to work. I have Monday and Tuesday to do post research next week, so I'll take full advantage of those days and use the weekend to catch up on organizing at home, shopping, cooking, relaxing, etc. I'm really looking forward to ConGen next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment