I failed to write yesterday and wish dad a happy birthday! I hope it was great. (Same to you Sarah T). It's definitely summer here in Washington. We're in the mid-90s all week and though humidity is low (50-60%) it still feels sticky!
Yesterday I got together with a friend from college was in town for work. We went to Morton's, a nice steakhouse I'd read about but hadn't tried yet. It was really good food and it was great catching up with her and sharing stories about God's faithfulness in each of our lives.
This week has been interesting subject matter--determining citizenship for children of one or two US citizens abroad, in or out of wedlock. We're learning about reviewing passport applications, detecting fraud, and some of the computer systems we use for documenting and issuing different things. It's great to be learning very practical stuff. Tomorrow is our first test, on Passports and Nationality.
I also started my Spanish maintenance class today, which was very fun (in my opinion). A small group of students (5) meets with one professor to have informal discussions. I think they try to keep the topic somewhat on politics/government/culture/international relations. So it's helpful vocab to be using, but it's not like you have to be extremely informed about current events to take part. I enjoyed being able to speak Spanish again!
Thanks to calls and cards from three delightful offspring, the B'day was a great success!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear it!
ReplyDelete