Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Ahhh...it's been a good weekend. Saturday and Sunday were spend resting for the most part. Sunday I went back to the Alexandria FM church, which was nice. I met several more people and went out for lunch with several of them too, including the pastor and his wife and younger daughter. Our pool opened on Saturday, so I went on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the sun for a little bit.

Today I drove about an hour south and met Dan and his girlfriend, Beth, for lunch. We got food to go and went to a riverside park, where we sat on a blanket in the shade and ate and talked for a couple of hours or so. It was nice with a breeze in the shade, and it was great to get to know Beth. She's a really sweet person, and it was nice to spend time with her and Dan. Even though I hadn't met her before, I felt I could just let my guard down and relax with the two of them in a way I don't when I'm around my large A-100 class. So though it turned out to be a long day, it was not exhausting.

I talked to mom, dad, and Jo during my drive home, and Wayne after I got home this evening. I'm looking forward to a short week of studying the "Core Skills," which includes composure under fire, public speaking, crisis management, among others, and a visit from Wayne this coming weekend. He'll stick around through Flag Day (next Monday), when I'll finally get my long awaited assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment