Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ahhh...Saturday

Well, I had an interesting last couple of days. Early Thursday morning, my class left for a rustic resort in West Virginia to participate in two days worth of team building/leadership exercises. We weren't exactly sure what to expect, but I think we were pleasantly surprised for the most part. We did several challenges in smaller groups that made us work together and rely on each others' strengths. Each exercise progressed in number of people involved in the same challenge, and we ended up in a massive challenge that required all 94 of us to participate and collaborate to achieve a common goal. The exercises took place outside and involved varying levels of physical involvement.

Another highlight was the follies, which was a variety show produced by members of my class. Many spoofs of things we've learned and jokes related to different speakers we've had, classmates who are notorious for asking obvious questions, etc. A couple of people changed the lyrics to popular songs and made them specific to our orientation class. It was very funny and everyone enjoyed it.

We got home around 6:00 on Friday, and I've started to recover from my exhaustion. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm starting to have a lot of the same symptoms I was having earlier this year with a lot of fatigue and digestive problems. I'm trying to tackle the problems with the same treatment that worked previously. A big part of that is with a pretty restrictive diet to avoid sugar, simple carbohydrates and any kind of fermented foods or food that easily grows mold. So I stocked up today on raw vegetables, coconut oil, oregano oil, and almonds (yum!). Hopefully this will help me start to feel better soon. I'm looking forward to the holiday on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your ailment! I thought I posted a comment here yesterday morning, but it doesn't appear, so I'll repeat myself. Anyone would be exhausted by the schedule you've had over the last month, but to not feel well on top of it all makes it even worse. I am assuming that you have had many meals that were out of your control, so once you get more control over what to eat, the symptoms should get better. Enjoy your day off today. We'll be praying,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers. I felt a lot better today than I did yesterday and Saturday...hopefully it's an upward trajectory :)

    ReplyDelete