Hi everyone! Today we got the much anticipated bid list. There are 99 posts on it, and it is my job over the next two weeks to rank each one of them as high, medium, or low. We have ample resources available that give all kinds of information about each post. Needless to say, it was an exciting day.
I previously had thought I'd like to start out at a non-Spanish speaking post, but after seeing this list, there are several interesting posts where Spanish proficiency is required, and the idea of getting to leave to post sooner (rather than stay here studying language for a while) is somewhat appealing. All that is good and well, but it's also being frequently emphasized that we will not necessarily get a post that we ranked highly, and we are worldwide available, etc.
It's really pointless to go into specifics of what's on the list at this point, but I do appreciate your prayers as I try to decide what to rank each post. June 7th is the day we'll find out our assignments in a ceremony called Flag Day. I'll take my official Spanish language exam next Monday, to confirm my abilities in speaking and reading. I'm not especially nervous about it, but I'm sure it will be somewhat nerve wracking at the time I take it.
For now, I need to find out the countries all these posts are in and start trying to make some sense of my preferences and priorities as I consider the bid list!
No comments:
Post a Comment