Monday, May 24, 2010

Joanna's birthday :)


I had an interesting experience trying to get to church this morning. I looked up FM churches in the area, and decided to try a new one called New Vision in the City. I got the address and found the location....but no church. I was running a bit late as it was and wasn't sure what to do. I decided to look up the other ones on my phone, and luckily one of their services started 15 minutes later than the one I was planning on attending. After I drove across town to go to it, I was about 20 minutes late, but the sermon hadn't started yet, so it wasn't too bad. (What would I do without modern technology???) In all my driving around this morning, I passed the stadium where the Washington Nationals play and took a picture.

It was a small welcoming little church (probably about 80 there), and they were having a meal at the pastor's house for 20-somethings after the service. One of the active members there was someone I overlapped with for a year at Greenville College and we remembered each other! It was a really nice time to meet people I have something in common with. They were so friendly and I felt right at home there.

Yesterday I found a music store that sells sheet music for violin and viola. I bought a couple of books with popular solos in them and CD accompaniment. I probably played for a couple of hours straight--I didn't realize how much I missed playing!

I'm sad not to be around to celebrate Joanna's birthday with her, but it sounds like she's seeing plenty of friends and family. Love ya Jo!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, I think that's one of the nice things about our instruments--they are always there to play and you can enjoy playing as long as you want! I'm glad you took your viola with you! Hope you find some places to play! Did they have an orchestra at this church?? I haven't read the rest of your entries yet so I'll sign off now. We miss you and wish you all the best!
    Denise Enright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise! the church didn't have one when I went last week. I don't know if their music rotates kind of like our does...yes, it's nice to have the instruments and to be able to have the accompaniment on CD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read this until today! Thanks for the birthday wishes! :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete