Yes, everyone showed back up for the second week :) It already seems a lot more familiar, and it still feels like I've been here for weeks, not days. Today I had my Spanish language test, a 2-hour speaking and reading comprehension assessment. It was a bit unnerving. I don't necessarily have to earn a certain score. The government tests and rates people on all languages on a scale of 0-5 for each speaking and reading. Most Spanish-speaking positions require one to have a 3/3, meaning the person can speak and read at a level 3 (this roughly means that the person is pretty fluent and able to sound educated when talking about work-related issues). Supposedly many people don't even score a 5 in their native languages, since to score a 5 you must be able to discuss abstract ideas and speak at the college level. Anyway, the test was pretty intense, and I should find out my score within a couple of weeks.
Today we learned some ethics and a little about diplomatic immunity and public diplomacy. I did a little more research on different posts on the bid list.
Yesterday I was able to go to the Falls Church with Caitrin, and it was very nice to be able to attend. I really enjoyed the singing especially. I think I may try out one or two of the FM churches in the area. There are several within a 10-mile radius I think. We had a really nice sunny weekend, and today it was gloomy and rainy all day. I'd much rather the rain on a Monday than on a weekend though :)
Today I got my last paycheck from Carle in the mail. They don't direct deposit it since it's the last one, so I technically should have gotten it last Friday, but with the mail forwarding delay I got it today. It was nice to finally have it because we still have another couple of weeks until we'll get a paycheck here. I did get my travel voucher submitted today, so I should hopefully get reimbursement for that before too long as well. Overall, a good Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment