
I thought I'd start a blog to keep anyone who's interested updated on my life.
Over the past couple of weeks I've had all kinds of going away celebrations and been the recipient of many many thooughtful gifts and cards. Thank you to all who have been a part of that. You made me feel so loved, and I will miss each one of you.
Yesterday I had movers come and pack up all my stuff. I was allowed 200 lbs. worth of stuff to be shipped by air to my apartment. That, along with what I could fit in my car, is what I'll have with me for the next 4-12 months. The rest was shipped by truck to be kept in storage until I get an overseas assignment. Thus, my car is pretty full of all kinds of stuff.
This is a picture from a truck stop in Indiana on my way out that amused me. I set out today and drove several hours until I got to South Point, Ohio. I'll drive about 6 hours tomorrow before arriving in Richmond, where I'll see Dan (my brother). We'll probably both drive in to DC (about 2 hrs) on Saturday to find my place and unpack a bit. I'll write more when I have more to tell!
Sarah, Well didn't really tell you at the party Sunday, but you will be missed. Thanks for making a difference with the youth and now you will make a difference in D.C. and then who knows where, haha. You have been a good example to the youth of prayer and perseverance and Godly character. What more could I hope for in a volunteer.
ReplyDeleteLove Josh
thanks Josh, for saying so. I have so enjoyed being part of youth group, but also having the opportunity to be friends with you and involved in so many things together. You've been a great friend, and like you said last Wednesday, I consider us lifelong friends and hope we will continue to be in touch for many many years to come. Please keep in touch and let me know what goes on with the Visa process and everything. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sarah